2.23.2006

Oh, it works all right.

Lately I've been struggling a little bit with believing that prayer really works. To some of you, that will sound insane. Let me try to clarify...well, actually, I might not be able to. Just know that I was struggling, especially with the "Ask anything in My name and it will be given you"...

And then, tonight, God answered two prayers that I've prayed in the past two days within about an hour. It was amazing. And He answered them in the exact way I had prayed!

And here's something I realized. A lot of times, I don't have any idea what to pray. Some situations are just too huge for me to wrap my brain around. And that's when you let God lead your prayer. Jesus said, "Ask anything in My name..." This was the case with these two requests. And so in both instances I prayed that God would work His will, but then I prayed for specific things to happen if they were in His will...and they did! Exactly as I prayed them!

I know this isn't a very deep blog. I just left very encouraged about prayer and how great God is and that He's really listening and really speaking and you can really hear Him...you know what I mean.

Be encouraged. Pray, pray, pray--even if it's just an act of obedience. God calls us to pray, even when we don't understand how it works. So do it...be faithful--you know He certainly will be!

I'm going to bed now.

1 comment:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

This post makes me want to cry. It's good to be reminded of that...