2.06.2006

I think I love you...

This past weekend, I got a chance to visit my friends in Charlotte and be a part of the third Mosaic service ever. Charlotte’s a great city…I like it more and more each time I see it. But the main reason I’m growing so fond of it is because of a certain group of people…

Let me tell you something, kids. There is a revolution coming, and it’s being started by a group of twenty-somethings in a new city. These people have changed careers, left home and given up everything familiar in order to let the people of Charlotte know that they are loved. What more noble cause is there?

Sure, there are going to be nay-sayers. There already are. There will always be people who are offended with their approach and desire to be relevant. But honestly…who cares?

While I was visiting, I had the privilege of sitting in on a prayer meeting of the core team. I sat with them through fellowship, worship and prayer, and I was emotionally overcome at the hearts of these precious people. God has pulled together a group of beautiful, talented, passionate young people to reach a generation in a way that nobody has done before. And not only that, but He has burdened each of these hearts with a passion for the lost. That is what moved me beyond words—that each of these warriors, who gave up so much and moved beyond the comfortable, were in tears for those who currently walk in darkness.

In the midst of such faith, I also felt that passion stir within me…the passion that has long lay dormant. How could I have forgotten what it’s all about? I think I have become complacent with the big-church thing…satisfied with the large numbers, forgetting how we are supposed to grow. And why should we grow? So we’ll be in more magazines? So we’ll gain national attention? Aack!

We should grow because I finally get with the program and start spending more time with my friends who are lost—the people God has granted me favor with. We should grow because I get the courage to walk up to the guy at Starbucks that always fixes my coffee and see what he’s doing on Sunday morning or Tuesday night.

There are some members of the Mosaic team that look around and see not just random people in the mall but souls who are desperately searching for hope. And this is why they moved. This is why they show up every Sunday at 7am. This is why they meet and meet and meet…

This is why we’re here. This is why we do what we do.

God, let me not forget what I have seen and felt.
This is why.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the love, girl. We are so glad you were part of us for a week...and will be again, I'm sure. It's always nice to hear a "new" person's thoughts because I think it really wakes us up and keeps us excited and pushing forward. Go for the gold, you know?? :)

Amy G-side said...

Sarah,
What a great motivation. It is helpful to keep from getting in a rut, given that we are a church plant and every week is a new challenge...unexpected things occur, great things happen, and you never know whose life will be changed. It is crazy though that even in the midst of chaos, the "go, go, go" and never ending change, I can become settled. I settle on being stressed, or working or the never ending emails. It is great to get an outside perspective and a reminder to why I' here. Why I'm doing what I'm doing and why all this is worth anything.
Thanks so much for adding to the Sunday morning experience. I love to hear your beautiful voice and see your beautiful smile! Hope you can come and do it again soon!
love!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Sara--

I definitely agree with the kindred spirit comment (on my myspace page)...

Thanks for the AMAZINGLY encouraging blog...I SO enjoyed leading worship with you...you are incredibly anointed and I get chills just thinking about how God is going to rock your world....!

gil gatch said...

Amen Amen Amen. We love you sarah.

Ed said...

Thanks for the encouragement Sarah. It was great working with you. It reminds me how we do tend to get complacent even doing what we're doing here. I know I need to continue to challenge myself more each week as we strive for excellence through Christ and for Him as well. May God continue to direct, guide, and bless you.

P.S. You should write a book sometime! (I'm not kidding) :)