9.25.2005

To Charlotte and back

This weekend I went to Charlotte to visit my friends on the Mosaic team. It was an action-packed 28 hours, let me tell you. In that time span, I sat in on a web design meeting/argument, went to Red Rocks with Gil and had pumpkin cheesecake, watched a pathetic hour of 7th Heaven, went to dinner at Jackelope Jack's, saw "Flightplan", explored Birkdale, shopped for five hours at North Park mall (sweeeeeet!), and watched "Wayne's World." Oh, and I also saw where everybody lives/works (for amy, it's the same location) and what's cool is that they're pretty much all within a one-mile radius of each other. The actual city of Charlotte (the business district, I guess) is very close, and there are all sorts of other places to go...reminded me a bit of Nashville. And I've come to the conclusion that...Charlotte is a pretty cool place to start a church.

However, I have heard that starting a church is the number one hardest thing you can set out to do. It's never what you expect it to be...it certainly isn't glamorous. Right now, it's five people squeezed into a little bedroom/office in an apartment with really big post-it notes on the walls, each containing a long list of to-dos--and none of them are easy! For instance, on Gil's post-it list, it says "Find 1st and 2nd string musicians". Do you know how hard it is to find good worship musicians in the first place? Musicians aren't that hard to come by, but musicians that are also worshippers--now that's tough.

So work is very hard for all of them--and this isn't even their "job" persay. This is almost volunteer for a lot of them.

But morale is good, dedication is high, and God is moving. Keep at it, my friends. I'm proud to know you. See you soon.

No comments: