9.06.2012

ashes into beauty.



Yesterday, as I was reading the daily devotional in Jesus Calling, I came across Isaiah 61:3, where it talks about God's power to give us a crown of beauty instead of ashes. I started pondering all the ways He's turned ashes into beauty in my life...

He took a season of deep heartbreak and turned it into hope, healing, and an appreciation of the good and perfect, so that I was no longer tempted by the lesser-than.

He took an occasion of great humiliation and turned it into deep-seeded humility.

He took a tragic circumstance and brought healing, wholeness, and great blessing to my family through it.

Truthfully, some piles of ashes are still waiting to be turned into something glorious...but I know it will happen. God is always faithful.

What about you? What broken thing has God made beautiful in your life? What is the pile of ashes that you're currently waiting for Him to change? Be encouraged--He will never fail you.

Blessings on your weekend!
-S

No comments: