8.22.2012

Worship Wednesday 8-22

Hi! Happy Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by. I honestly have no idea who reads this thing (or if anyone reads it [besides my parents, of course--thanks Mom and Dad!]), but whoever you are, I hope you will take a minute today and focus on Him...or, if you don't know God, maybe you'll stop and think, "Who is this God and why does this girl think He's so great?" And maybe you'll go find out. Anyway...

Today, I want to feature a song that speaks deeply to my heart. It's written by my friend Gil Gatch, who not only is an excellent song writer, but a phenomenal person as well. Gil has been through some incredibly dark seasons in his life, during one of which I had the privilege of walking alongside him. (I say "privilege" because it really is an honor to be able to help support a friend through hard seasons.) I watched as he suffered tremendous heartbreak, confusion, and betrayal...and, amazingly, he chose to worship in response to all of it. The songs he wrote in that season have comforted so many people, and this is one of them.

(By the way, Gil is no longer in that dark season. No, those days are long gone, and he has emerged as a complete victor--in the best and godliest sense of the word.)

I don't have a video of the song, but what I'd like to do is ask you to go purchase it on iTunes. Seriously. It's more than worth the $.99. No, Gil did not ask me to plug his song or church's album. I'm just telling you that this song is incredible, and you will be blessed. Look up "I Won't Move" by Freedom House Church from the "Count You Everything" album, and let me know what you think. Maybe one day I'll get Gil to do a Q&A on the story of this song... :)

Be encouraged today. In every season, God is worthy of our worship.

1 comment:

Bill Gadol said...

Nicely done. You are a great friend and wonderful daughter. Thank you.