11.29.2011

thankful fourteen.



#309 - 334

a ten-hour trip that feels like two

being with Travis in lots of random places

two aunts and an uncle grinning from the kitchen window at the sight of my fiance (whom they hadn't met)

a Christmas parade

the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

Broadway performances on tv

finding the random store open on Thanksgiving Day

the new-car smell

the Muppets

realizing you've grown up, and it's good

a fiance that is also a good nurse

mountains with trees

the Blue Ridge Parkway

wedding invitations

warm cinnamon-sugar almonds

figuring out a good band arrangement of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"

an uber-supportive mother and father (and extended family)

totally unexpected "happy engagement!" gifts

being reminded of Truth

the anticipation of learning a new skill

coffee cups that remind me of the people who gave them to me

cartoon Christmas specials that make me giggle

red bows

green and red, red and green

seeing the Body of Christ come together to support a hurting member. I know I've said that before, but I'm watching it happen again with the same group of people, different situation, this week...truly awesome.

sauteed chicken.

No comments: