8.24.2005

Things I Love

I love flipflops.
I love "Everybody Loves Raymond" reruns on TBS. Is marriage really like that? I'm learning a lot.
I love warm chocolate chip cookies--but doesn't everybody?
I love Billy Joel! Only I didn't know it until a few weeks ago. Have you heard "The Entertainer"? There's about 20 seconds of absolutely brilliant piano-playing in that song.
I love coke floats with chocolate ice cream.
I love being near water--any kind. The ocean, lakes, that river thing at Palmetto County Park (what exactly is that, by the way?)...
I love brownies.
I love Appletizer soda--made only in England, apparently. Next to that, sparkling apple or grape juice. Oh yes.
I love watching the Academy Awards. Seriously.
I love pretty much anything my mom cooks, but especially sweet potato biscuits.
I'm growing increasingly affectionate toward club soda with lime...
I love Animaniacs...especially their many-worded songs and the cartoons with the Jerry Lewis character. Froinlaven!
Speaking of which, I love Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin comedy routines.
I love the underdogs in movies--the supporting character who usually gets killed halfway through the movie. And then I cry.
I love hearing my band do an impromptu jam...and I love it even more when I can play along with them.
I love Stevie Wonder.
I love playing piano on special songs at church, like when we do Billy Joel or James Taylor. Makes me feel like a real piano player.
I love playing classical music. Makes me feel like a real pianist (which, in my terminology, is different from a piano player).
I love hearing orchestral music, and I love playing it on my oboe, although it's been a very long time.
I love jazz drummers.
I love the cavemen Geico commercials.
I love the first few seasons of the West Wing...because I love Josh Lyman.
I love it when someone says something funny that catches me so off-guard that I laugh until I cry and can't breathe.
I love Paul Simon.
I love Mr. Burns.
I love canasta. (card game)
I love going to Chapel Hill, NC, and doing nothing but sitting at Grandpa's house with my family. Sometimes we play cards (gin rummi). Sometimes I play with my cousins. Sometimes we watch professional poker tournaments on ESPN. It's all good.
I love DisneyWorld!
I LOVE having my back and arms scratched--or "tickled," rather.
I love this one pair of jeans I got as a hand-me-down from my younger (but much taller) cousin.
I love thinking about when I'm going to get married, although sometimes it bugs me.
I love re-reading Jane Austen novels.
I love going to the movies.
I love reading movie reviews on Focus on the Family.
I love scrapbooking, although now I'm so out of the habit that I'm a few years of pictures behind and overwhelmed at the idea of trying to catch up. So I've pretty much given it up. But I do enjoy it.
I love cheese.
I love going to sleep...which is what I'm going to do now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a nice little post... but you forgot something; cute old men.

Sarah said...

we don't talk about that.

Anonymous said...

right... I must have been thinking of me.. or something