8.20.2005

The Mountain

I wrote a song once when a good friend of mine left for Europe for an undertermined amount of time (turned out to only be about 3 weeks, but could have easily been 6 months if things had worked out). Now she's going to Slovakia for a full year as a missionary...

I have two other friends (actually, more like 15) moving to Charlotte, NC, this week to start a church. It saddens me that they won't be living near me anymore, but I know God's got amazing things in store. And besides, 3 hours is not that far (certainly not as far as Slovakia. I mean, come on!). But it's still hard to see friends take a different path from you, even if you can clearly see God's hand in all of it...

Well, back to that song. I'm just going to share a brief part of it, because it's really kind of melodramatic, even if it is BRILLIANT musically. ;)

Here it is, and this goes out to all my friends following God's direction in their lives:

"Every day it's been a joy just to know you
Your kindness has touched my heart
And I would do anything for you
But I don't know where to start

So keep me in your heart, 'cause you're always in mine
And keep me in your prayers, as I carry you to the Father
I can't wait for the day when you spread your wings and fly
When you find out what's on the other side
Of the Mountain

God's grace cover you everywhere and
God's peace guard your precious heart
And keep you right where you belong"

The Mountain! Isn't that exciting? Climbing the heights that God has called you to...I know God has called me to certain heights as well--although probably by a different path than yours--but I think eventually we'll join paths on the other side of that mountain.

"Just spread your wings and fly
'Cause you'll see me up on the other side
Yeah you'll find me up on the other side
Of the Mountain"

God's calling you. God's calling me. And it's all for one purpose: to build the Kingdom of God. Sisters and brothers in Christ, I commend you for following His voice; for taking up your crosses; for trusting in our Creator that His plans for you are good and worth giving everything you held as secure for a life where all you can do is grab on to His hand and hold on. Your courage and examples are an inspiration to me.

Much love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you suceeded on fixing that blog blemish... anyway... try clicking here... if you wish to listen to Oboe singing "The Mountain"

Sarah said...

Incase anyone doesn't know who "Oboe" is, that would be me. My friend Laura here was at the actual recording of the song...thanks for putting the link on here! Please forgive the vocal flubs.

Anonymous said...

haha! nice song! and i thank GOD for letting me chance upon this blog. :D learnt quite a bit from ya. anyway, take care and GOD bless! :D