7.20.2011

joy and other thoughts.

I just had a couple of thoughts to share today. Some of these things I'm sure you've heard before, but I think we can all stand to be reminded from time to time. :)

-We all need people who will help us laugh when we feel like crying. I know several of us on the worship team have been saved from breaking down in tears during a worship service because we've been distracted in the nick of time by some adlibbed craziness backstage. Laughter can save us from plunging the depths.

-We also need people who will cry with us. I have a friend who literally cried with me when my beloved cat died. I can't tell you what that kind of compassion can do for one's heart in the midst of trial...shared tears are powerful stuff.

-True vulnerability is more effective than the false appearance of strength. I have found this to be true in leadership, teamwork, friendship, and even mass communication. It paves the way for others to listen, to open up themselves, and to receive.

-Look for joy today. Search for it, expect it, and rejoice when you have found it. God has it somewhere around here, just for you...

No comments: