4.13.2011

an unexpected gift!

I have much to be thankful for... In addition to continuing my list today, I have to tell a story.

Last First Wednesday, the worship team gathered in the kitchen for our usual pre-service tech meeting. I noticed that several members who were not scheduled that night had joined us. I thought they were just there to hang out, which was exciting enough for me, but it turns out they were there to see the look on my face when they surprised me with a huge bouquet of flowers, jewelry, a gift certificate, and a card of appreciation...just because. They were all so excited just to bless me.

These people give so much every week and they do it cheerfully - every last one of them - and they wanted to appreciate me?? I am overwhelmed. I love them like my own family - my children - and now, every time I look at this trinket, I am reminded of them all...and my heart is full.



To all of you on the Seacoast Summerville Worship Team (and your spouses): thank you. I love you more than I can say!

No comments: