2.21.2011

thankful one

I read this blog by Ann Voskamp recently and thought I might give this a try. I'm not much of a photographer, so please excuse the occasional Google images and stolen treasures from Holy City Photography...

Here's #1 - 15 of little gifts from God that I celebrate today (and just fyi, coffee will probably appear in about 300 of my list of 1000):

morning light through kitchen windows

quiet moments before the sleeping loved ones awake

peaceful morning time with coffee and Bible

the sound of small-town morning traffic heard through rolled-down car windows

a scented wax burner that reminds one of Mom's house

the feeling of longing to exercise

stolen kisses in a bookstore

a guitar pick within reach

a water bottle always able to be filled with clean water

Scotch tape on hand

Keep Calm, Carry On

sounding boards in the form of trustworthy people

laughing at the ridiculous inanimate (the motion-sensor potpourri sprayer: my arch enemy)

a spooning dog

the promise of tomorrow


No comments: